Saturday, August 25, 2012

Just Because







"Don't live for God. Live because of God."

Here's one of those times where it's good to actually reread those sentences, maybe several times, and then think on them if necessary.

How great are those words, really?? As Christ followers we aren't called to live a life FOR God, but a life BECAUSE of God. It's so crazy to me how those words make all the difference. 

After seeing Tenth Avenue North perform last night at LifeWay, I was astounded. The lead singer, Mike Donehey, spoke those words that I am so moved by. It was not only a reminder, but a truth that I hadn't seen before, at least not in this way. 

He was pouring out truth. THE Truth. As he was speaking between songs, I heard and saw not just a man who loves Jesus, but I saw Jesus through his words and genuineness. I was focused completely (which can be rare for me). Jesus had all my attention. I loved it.

Mike reminded everyone that we can't work for God's acceptance. We can't get his approval. He has already accepted us. He has already approved. We are his creations. We are so imperfect, but there is nothing that will keep us from his love. 

Yet again, I don't understand. How can this even be a thing that exists? It does. It will not be found in a person. 
We don't even have to work to be loved by God. 

This is so freeing to me. This should be freeing to me. This is the good news. News that will never get old because I cannot wrap my mind around it. 

For this, I am thankful. 


Our God. Our huge God wants us to just be. 

I am challenged, now, to see my life as a way to live because of God's love, because of God's truth.

Just Because. 


No comments:

Post a Comment