Thursday, February 16, 2012

What If

What if I were to forget the security of my own comfort and jump into something that brings uncertainty?
What if I desired to travel the world, and not know where I will eat or sleep or if I'll have enough money to do either?
What if I put my trust in something, Someone higher than myself? My FULL trust.

What would that look like?

Lately, I have been asking myself these kinds of questions. I have not given God the credit he actually deserves. Of course, he doesn't need me to tell him what he deserves. He's God. He is the Almighty. He really is the Beginning and the End.

Jesus is a miracle worker. He changed life years ago, why do I act as though he is incapable of it now?

That's what really gets me. I belittle Him. I belittle the One who molded my very form.

I get wrapped up in these situations and I have no clue how I am going to survive them. I look for faith in myself. I look to myself for help.

The past few weeks, though I have let God carry me a little here and there. I have let him hold me and take me to where he wants me.

It's strange. It's scary. It's exciting. It's faith.

Our God is huge. He's the same he has always been. He will provide. He is the only safety I need. He really is.

What if I lived everyday like that?


No comments:

Post a Comment